Lifebuoy is an interactive, self-help promoting app designed to assist suicide survivors as they normalize their lives after recent attempt.
The purpose of this app is to prevent future suicide attempts by helping users identify warning signs and promote help-seeking by utilizing resources provided by the app. The app draws inspiration from Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s safety plan guidelines for suggesting action steps for at-risk users.
- Lifebuoy intends to achieve its purpose by helping users
- Giving easy access to seeking help (suicide lifeline, crisis centers, treatment locator)
- Express/monitor daily mood to detect warning signs and provide action steps;
- Set reminders to enhance compliance to treatment/follow-up visits;
- Browse links specific to high-risk groups; and
- Find nearby events/tools to avoid social isolation